- THE TRUTH ABOUT MODERN FARMING
- ONLY VEGANISM CAN SAVE THE WORLD
- VEGAN DIETS HEALTHIER FOR PLANET AND PEOPLE
- OCEANS ARE ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE
- ANIMALS AND HUMANS - A FALSE DIVIDE
- HOW TO BUY VEGAN AND ECO-FRIENDLY CLOTHES
- WHAT'S WRONG WITH WOOL?
- CONSUMERS HAVE HUGE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- THE TRUTH ABOUT THE POULTRY INDUSTRY
- FRUITS AND VEGETABLES MAY SLOW ALS
by Deirdre Fulton
Greenhouse gas emissions, resource depletion, and growing antibiotic resistance are just a few of risks associated with factory farming. Citing the environmental and public health risks of factory farming, a $1.25 trillion coalition of multinational investors has called on 16 global food corporations—including Kraft Heinz, Nestle, Unilever, Tesco, and Walmart—to cut their reliance on meat and diversify into plant-based sources of protein.
The campaign is backed by a new briefing from the FAIRR (Farm Animal Investment Risk & Return) Initiative and responsible investment organization ShareAction, entitled, The Future of Food: The Investment Case for a Protein Shake-Up.
Our current food system is.........